More veggies in quarantine!


Dear blogger friends, how many recipes you're posting! My shopping list is becoming longer each post. But I'm not sure to be able to buy everything; the mini-markets nearest to my home are non so well stocked and I don't know if I can take my car to go to a iperstore ... very troubled days!

I must resolve the dubt: larder and fridge are almost empty. In these days I've realised that I I did'nt used to cook a lot at home anymore. Breakfast always at cafè (tipycal Italian cappuccino e brioche ... ohhh how I miss a cappuccino. I wouldn't have thought how much 😭). At lunchs I eat out near the Archives and also at dinners I'm often out with friends, family. Weekends slow lazy like sloths, I get up late and sometimes I skip lunch. For two weeks now I've had three (THREE!!!) meals at home.

I try to cook something different and something healthy everyday cause it's useful for preserving a safe routine and for not overthinking. You are helping me in this challenge.

So yesterday a revisited evergreen, fennels and orange. Ingredients (for 2 persons, I ate one portion yesterday and one today): 2 fennels, 1 orange, 1 lemon, little butter.

First step. Fennels cleaned. Peel of half orange and of lemon grated and mixted with butter. Peel of other orange chopped in julienne. Orange and lemon squeezed.


Then brown the fennels in a pan with oil and salt, and when they are brown move them to an oven pan.


Pour the juice into the pan with the julienne peel and let reduce.

The orange peel reduction and butter flakes must be spread over the fennels. Put the pan in oven for 20 minutes (200°C/390°F). And eat them!

Fennels and orange

Night to everyone!

Comments

  1. Love fennel, and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this looks so easy and so tasty! Thanks Francesca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: I made it last night, and it was great!

      Delete

Post a Comment