Spring forward

 The clock change is rippling through, leaving me fuzzy but the evenings light (and the 7.30am yoga rather blinky, but never mind, I showed up on the mat and this, they say, is all that matters. Which makes me think of a sequence diagram Anne-Marie shared on insta a while back - a sequence of one sun salutation, into child's pose...child's pose...more child's pose. I could do a class of that today).

But it's spring, in all ways that count now. And so, it is time for slightly different cooking. It's a long time till I won't want the oven on, but the idea of long stews and jacket spuds isn't as attractive as it was. And I have gone back to market visits (occasionally, as Satuday morning yoga isn't ideal now), so my fridge is full of wild garlic, land cress, fresh beet spinach and such seasonal joys. 

And so, it is time to turn large quantities of green herbs into smaller quantities of dressing and marinade. Today - Green Chicken, from Simply. IT NEEDS MARINATING. Or does it? I remembered in time to do it at lunch, but the recipe says kind of ok to cook it at once. 

Anyway: parsley, coriander, dill, chives, plus some fenugreek and chilli, some oil and a hefty few slugs of Greek yoghurt. 

Easier to blend than my last lot:

And slightly prettier, till you cook it. Mix with chopped chicken breast and marinade - even overnight.

Cook it on as high as possible for 15-20 minutes. Ideally more spread out than this I reckon - it would be nice a smidge charred. 

Not all that pretty. But you're going it eat it in wraps, so does it really matter? While it's roasting, chop some tomatoes, coriander, onion, chilli... or in my case, tomatoes and wild garlic and coriander, and none the worse for it. The recipe says blodge on some more yoghurt, which I did, but I won't do it for the leftovers - it's creamy and green enough already.


Focus on the top one, which rolled okay, rather than the more splatted example in the foreground. It's good - tasty and fresh. Maybe things are changing...





Comments

  1. Oh wow, this sounds great. Very green, but as you say, you're eating it in a wrap, so it doesn't have to be pretty.

    Re the yoga, I really struggle with child's pose. I know it's meant to be so restful but I don't find it comfortable at all for more than a very short time. I suspect it will grow on me as other poses have done as I progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a nice wrap option. I might do it sometime for a whole load of lunches - the kind of thing you could spread across most of a week in summer.

      I really don't like traditional child's pose (knees together, arms back along your body - it tips me right onto my forehead and is horrid), and always do extended (knees wide, toes together, arms stretched nice and forward - where I could pretty much sleep. In restorative class I even do it lying onto a long cushion for added padding). Think it depends a lot on where you have space in your body, so it doesn't work for everyone without bits of support.

      Delete

Post a Comment